In House Claims
There are thousands of different tradesmen, all with varying needs of insurance due to the level of risks associated with their work.
Our experience in this sector has seen us work with a number of insurance providers who offer policies that are specific to your trade.
This allows us to tailor an insurance package for your business, whether you are a sole trader or a limited company.
What is Tradesman Insurance?
Tradesman insurance is a type of business insurance policy for trade professionals. It can be tailored to cover the specific trade and can include cover for your equipment, compensation costs and other optional extras.
Tradesman insurance can provide cover during:
- Public contracts
- Private jobs
- Working onsite (inside and outside)
- Working abroad (must be less than 20% of your working time)
Types of insurance for Tradesman
There are several insurance policies that would ensure a tradesman is fully covered.
However, every tradesman is different, even if they work in the same sector. This is why we always assess the jobs you do and who you tend to do work for as some policies may not apply to you or your work.
Most common types of insurance for tradesman:
- Public Liability Insurance - Protects your business against compensation claims regarding injury to a third-party or damage to their property.
- Employers’ Liability Insurance - Cover for financial loss due to a worker suffering a work-related injury or illness.
- Personal Accident Insurance - Financial cover relating to unexpected injury that may require hospital treatment or make someone unable to work.
- Tool Insurance (‘own plant’ & ‘hired-in plant” cover) - Ensure your own tools or those of a third-party are covered to be replaced if lost or damaged.
- Business Buildings Cover - Ensures the premises you use for business activity is covered for the unexpected.
- Business Interruption Insurance - Cover for losses incurred if operations are disrupted due to property damage or a civil order requiring closing.
- Contract Works - Cover costs for repairs or redo of work caused by damage, or losses due to theft or vandalism on the building site.
Specialist & Optional Cover
- Location exclusions – Some insurance policies will not cover you for work at locations such as airports, railways, nuclear power stations, docks, mines and harbours. You will require a specialist cover.
- Depth and height restrictions – You will need specialist cover if you are working deeper than four or five metres down or fifteen metres above the ground.
- Asbestos – For any planned asbestos work you will need specialist cover. However, accidental contact is covered.
- Jury service - Protect your income if you are called for jury service during a contracted job.
Request a callback
Send us your details and we'll be in touch.