Employment Practices Liability
In House Claims
Employee litigation is currently on the rise (especially as a result of Covid-19), making it even more essential to have Employment Practices Liability Insurance in place.
This insurance protects against claims from employees who believe their legal rights as employees have been violated. This insurance cover protects the policyholder against litigation, including claims of wrongful termination, discrimination, and sexual harassment.
Why do you need Employment Practices Liability Insurance?
Employment Practices Liability Insurance is designed to ensure your company and its employees are protected when you are challenging an allegation.
No company is immune from allegations and the effect of defending a claim can be financially damaging due to the complexity of employment law.
Should an employee be successful with a claim, the results could be devastating on your business due to there being no limit to the maximum sum that can be awarded to an employee.
What does the insurance cover?
Employment Practices Liability Insurance not only covers you, but also your directors, board members, trustees and employees if any claims are brought by current, former and even prospective employees.
You will be covered to the limit of indemnity shown in the policy, which will include the legal costs for the investigation and for you to defend against the claim.
The policy looks to cover:
- Dismissals - A claim relating to how a former employee was dismissed.
- Contract of employment - Claims regarding the details of the employee’s contact.
- Deprivation of opportunities - Protection over claims an employee has not been given the opportunity to advance.
- Harassment - Claims of an employee being bullied or harassed in the workplace or by a member of staff.
- Discrimination - Claims an employee has been discriminated against due to age, race, sexuality, disability or health condition, gender or religion.
- Defamation - Cover if a person in your employment or former employee has made defamatory remarks about your company.
- Invasion of Privacy - Claims over breaching the privacy of an employee.
Our team will also ensure your policy includes the cost of legal representation and any losses or injunctions made by the Equalities and Human Rights Commission.
Request a callback
Send us your details and we'll be in touch.