A Dedicated and Experienced in House Claims Team
We create insurance solutions to meet your needs
Assistance with Risk Management
Expert Advice from Over 60 Years of Experience
Machinery Movement Insurance covers you for any installed machinery or equipment in your possession at a specified location.
You will be covered irrespective of whether or not the machinery belongs to you, as long as it is in your custody and under your control.
The policy covers you for any loss or unforeseen damage, including breakdown (depending on insurer), toppling, explosions and more.
A comprehensive policy will be established by our brokers following a risk assessment to ensure you are given the most appropriate cover to suit your operation.
What can be insured and when does my cover begin?
- Boiler and pressure plant
- Cranes and lifting machinery
- Lifts and hoists
- Electrical and mechanical plant
Your cover for both the loss of or damage starts during:
- Loading and unloading
As standard, our insurer partners would automatically include cover for temporary storage, deviations en-route for up to 14 days and costs for removal/disposal of debris.
You will also be covered should any damage occur due to operator error.
Extensions to policy
We would also recommend some standard extensions such as:
- Temporary Removal - Moving machinery for a period of time before returning to the original location.
- Additional Property - Cover for moving parts separate to the machinery itself
- Temporary Repairs - Cover for certain repairs that need to be made.
- Pressure Explosion Damage to Owned Property - Protection against damage to any item of a pressure plant.
- Cost of Replacement Equipment - Cover should equipment need to be replaced.
Due to the nature of your day-to-day operations, we would advise having Business Interruption Insurance as part of your machinery policy.
This would mean that in the event of any interruption caused by damaged or stolen machinery, the insurance provider would pay the profit or lost revenue.
Request a callback
Send us your details and we'll be in touch.