Overseas Homes

In House Claims


Risk Management


Ensure your holiday home, villa or apartment is protected by taking out a comprehensive overseas property insurance policy.

Investing in overseas property can be costly and take up a lot of your time, even before any renovation and repairs.

Our specialist brokers can assess your overseas property to make sure it is fully covered with one of our UK-based insurer partners, giving you peace of mind that your holiday home investment is safe.

Why choose a UK-based insurer to look at your overseas property?

Many overseas property owners are confused over how to insure the property, often choosing a local policy in the country.

They believe buying a local policy is best because they assume the insurer understands what cover is needed for your property due to their knowledge of the area.

However, our experience of foreign property insurance has seen people fall foul of being underinsured and having difficulties due to a language barrier.

Having a UK-based insurer gives you clear guidance on all foreign laws, regulations and potential pitfalls in the specific country.

We can tailor an overseas property insurance policy to cover essential and common risks that can occur when your property is left unoccupied or if you decide to use the property for holiday letting.

When the unexpected occurs, you also have a UK-based claims handler to help you through.

Can I change the use of the property to/from a holiday home?

You are able to change this by giving us a call to confirm the correct details.

Am I still covered if I use the property myself and have holiday home insurance?

As you are the owner of the property, you are covered. If you decided to stop letting the property, you may see a reduction in your premiums.

To find out more and to discuss your needs, please contact us on 01274 515 747 or email us at mail@lwood.co.uk


Request a callback

Send us your details and we'll be in touch.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

High Net Worth Home

If you are looking for high net worth home insurance, then you will naturally be seeking a robust, fit-for-purpose and reliable home insurance policy that meets the unique needs of your property and its contents.
Learn More


Whether you drive a Rolls Royce or a Volkswagen Golf, we understand that not every car owner will need the same.
Learn More

Annual Travel and Single Trips

No matter whether you are travelling in the UK, Europe or anywhere else in the world, we can ensure you have the cover you need for your trip.
Learn More

Static Caravan, Chalet & Lodge Insurance

Planning to head out on the open road this summer? Or perhaps you’re planning on getting away from it all and enjoying the sunshine on the coast?
Learn More

Home Insurance

Whether you live in a country townhouse or a new build, we can help tailor an insurance policy to suit you.
Learn More

Personal Accident Insurance

Personal Accident Insurance is often an add on to a Travel Insurance policy. This cover is essential to cover you for any lost income, medical bills and hospitalisation as a result of a serious accident..
Learn More

Personal Travel Insurance for PEMCs

Personal Travel Insurance for PEMCsIn House ClaimsBespoke Insurance SolutionsRisk ManagementExpertAdviceThe Government’s Money and Pensions Service (MaPS) has launched a travel insurance directory for people with serious pre-existing medical conditions (PEMCs). A directory of firms that specialise in travel insurance for
Learn More

Signup to the l wood newsletter to receive tips, guidance and news.

For further details on how your data is used and stored, read our Privacy Policy

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.