Maintaining and Protecting your Property in Changing Seasons
Spring has arrived, which gives us a chance to spring clean and ensure our properties are fit for purpose.
As with any arrival of a new season, the changes in weather could leave or create noticeable damage to your property. We can help you find an insurance policy that can cover you in the case your property is impacted by seasonal damage, yet there are ways to prevent this damage from occurring.
The best way to retain the value of your property is to ensure you’re taking care of it. Here are some tips for maintaining your property as we approach Spring:
The outside of your property can encounter damage, especially as the weather gets warmer. Whether it be lasting damage from damp conditions or the property has had an adverse reaction to heat, there are ways you can prevent these damages.
- Ensure that gutters are clear of leaves and debris, as this will prevent caused by rainfall.
- Be sure to check the roof for moss growth and mould, moss growth and loose or missing tiles.
- Monitor the condition of the paintwork.
- Ensure the windows are regularly cleaned and check the condition of glass and frames.
- Maintain decking and clean it annually, as this will prevent a build-up of moss.
Alongside the potential risks to the outside of your property, the changing season can also bring risks to the inside of your property. These possible damages are easily avoidable through maintenance of your property:
- Open your windows, as this will ventilate your home and prevent stale air and excess moisture
- Take down curtains and blinds and wash them,
- Pull furniture away from walls. This will air your living spaces. Also, check for dampness and mould patches.
- Check pipes for signs of leaks.
- Check the loft for any damage, such as water ingress.
Home Insurance Coverage
In the case of damage, having an insurance policy covering any potential damages is essential. We understand that no homeowner wants to make a claim, but if anything goes wrong, it can be crucial.
We can help source insurance that can cover all outcomes. This includes buildings insurance and contents cover for your furniture and valuables alongside combined buildings and content insurance. Many household insurance policies restrict or exclude cover automatically when building works such as renovations, or extensions are taking place. This is why it’s beneficial to speak to us prior to these works taking place.
In the case of damage does occur, we can help find an insurance claim that will cover any repairs or replacement. Contact us at 01274 515747 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org